Help I Need some Lube!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cliff717
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cliff717

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
203
Reaction score
209
Location
Ontario canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a couple vertex reactors they have the thread on top and thread on unions to connect the hoses. They’ve always been a pain in the butt to unthread. I was wondering if you guys have ever lubed those threads and the O-ring that holds the top of it. I could also use some lubrication on the O-ring that holds my skimmer cup down. My question is what kind of lube would you recommend? Obviously, it has to be something that won’t nuke my tank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_5361.jpeg
 

This is what I use Super Lube 92003 Silicone Lubricating Grease with PTFE, 3 oz Tube, Translucent White it is food grade also. Put a little on your finger tip and pull Oring and rub all around wipe excess off with lint free cloth.​

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new