OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the number of spots and size looking like micro bubbles, and the fatalities particularly of a cardinal I’m thinking you’re dealing with velvet. It’s much more deadly and you’ll need to act quickly. It’s treated the same way as ich.
Definitely think that’s what it is. Of course my LFS is closed. Run to Petco and then PetSmart and neither have copper or anything that would help velvet. Puffer is breathing heavily. Hope it makes it until my LFS opens at 10 tomorrow.

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely think that’s what it is. Of course my LFS is closed. Run to Petco and then PetSmart and neither have copper or anything that would help velvet. Puffer is breathing heavily. Hope it makes it until my LFS opens at 10 tomorrow.
petco stopped because they wanted to prevent diseases and parasites from gaining an immunity. At least that's what they told us. I think the real reason is more because if someone killed all their fish with copper or formalin or whatever medication they would come back and blame the store. I think amazon has one day delivery on cupramine.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
petco stopped because they wanted to prevent diseases and parasites from gaining an immunity. At least that's what they told us. I think the real reason is more because if someone killed all their fish with copper or formalin or whatever medication they would come back and blame the store. I think amazon has one day delivery on cupramine.
Petco probably perpetuates more disease and parasites than any pet store chain ironically. They believe in herbal remedies which I am not knocking but in this particular case I’ll say that the results stand for themselves.

Terry Mattson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco probably perpetuates more disease and parasites than any pet store chain ironically. They believe in herbal remedies which I am not knocking but in this particular case I’ll say that the results stand for themselves.
Ya, every time I stop at Petco the saltwater tanks are full of fish with ich. And sometimes cyno covers the tanks.

OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I’ll be starting over. Lost all of my fish. The fallow process starts tomorrow. Probably will go 80 days to be safe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back