Help ID this polyps hitchhiker

FchriReefID

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
26
Location
Indonesia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I need help to id this hitchhiker! I bought a colony of discosoma mushrooms a while back and I notice colony of polyp-like hitchhiker beside the mushrooms. Some of the mushrooms that close to the polyps kinda shrunken.
IMG_20240704_085016.jpg
 
Hello, I need help to id this hitchhiker! I bought a colony of discosoma mushrooms a while back and I notice colony of polyp-like hitchhiker beside the mushrooms. Some of the mushrooms that close to the polyps kinda shrunken.
IMG_20240704_085016.jpg
Anthellia xenia. Has potential to spread but I personally like them
 
I would get those out if I could

Put the rock in a bucket of salt water

And brush them off with a wire brush

Wearing PPE

That's what I would do, if I didn't toss the rock into the yard
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new