Help ID

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2020
Messages
6,381
Reaction score
7,542
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This lil guy appeared in my tank... not 1 of the ones I remember putting in. I believe it might have been born in the tank. I know I posted a picture before of what someone identified as snail eggs, but also mentioned they never hatch. Can this possibly be the result? Also what type of snail is this (in case it's a hitchhiker and not offspring of what I already have) thanks.

20210101_131649.jpg
 
Wow, definitely not 1 I purchased... are they considered pest? Thank you for the ID!
They are definitely hitchhikers but I wouldn't call them a pest. They are reef safe, however, they might breed a lot. (although I'm not 100% about them breeding a lot, they might breed but not often.)
 
They are definitely hitchhikers but I wouldn't call them a pest. They are reef safe, however, they might breed a lot. (although I'm not 100% about them breeding a lot, they might breed but not often.)
After google ing its mixed reviews. Some say they are good as they scavenge, eat algea and detritus in the tank. Others say they can prey on other snails ... hmmm
 
After google ing its mixed reviews. Some say they are good as they scavenge, eat algea and detritus in the tank. Others say they can prey on other snails ... hmmm
Better snails then coral I guess. But if you are worried then remove it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new