Help, ideas with Narrow ATO container

Eg0790

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon guys, i need your ideas what would you guys use as a reservoir in my stand. I only have 3” next to my sump
04E1DD79-8A38-4AD7-97AB-486E0F396852.jpeg

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not much room for anything other than custom made. probably not gunna hold any significant amount either.

Glass cutting is fairly easy, you can make a glass reservoir but the glass thickness would take up a bit of that 3" width.

OP
OP
Eg0790

Eg0790

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not much room for anything other than custom made. probably not gunna hold any significant amount either.

Glass cutting is fairly easy, you can make a glass reservoir but the glass thickness would take up a bit of that 3" width.
That seems like the only way, i would hate to have the reservoir outside the stand

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems like the only way, i would hate to have the reservoir outside the stand

Also consider how you will fill it up. a bucket is probably not going to be possible i think.

If i had to do this i'd use 1/8 glass and build an enclosed box, with a John Guest bulkhead holding an acrylic tube that goes to the bottom. inline pump outside connected to the bulkhead.

4Bushpilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also consider how you will fill it up. a bucket is probably not going to be possible i think.

If i had to do this i'd use 1/8 glass and build an enclosed box, with a John Guest bulkhead holding an acrylic tube that goes to the bottom. inline pump outside connected to the bulkhead.
I know this is old but what's the purpose of the bulkhead tube going to the bottom? I'm asking because I'm thinking about building a custom ATO reservoir.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is old but what's the purpose of the bulkhead tube going to the bottom? I'm asking because I'm thinking about building a custom ATO reservoir.

I meant building a box with no holes at the bottom, instead put the hole on the top/lid, so the tube to the bottom is for drawing water out of the container

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you do not want a reservoir outside of the stand, but take a lot at the IM reservoirs. I have the 15 gallon sitting beside my tank and it does not seem out of place.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back