Help, ideas with Narrow ATO container

Eg0790

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
26
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon guys, i need your ideas what would you guys use as a reservoir in my stand. I only have 3” next to my sump
04E1DD79-8A38-4AD7-97AB-486E0F396852.jpeg
 
not much room for anything other than custom made. probably not gunna hold any significant amount either.

Glass cutting is fairly easy, you can make a glass reservoir but the glass thickness would take up a bit of that 3" width.
 
not much room for anything other than custom made. probably not gunna hold any significant amount either.

Glass cutting is fairly easy, you can make a glass reservoir but the glass thickness would take up a bit of that 3" width.
That seems like the only way, i would hate to have the reservoir outside the stand
 
That seems like the only way, i would hate to have the reservoir outside the stand

Also consider how you will fill it up. a bucket is probably not going to be possible i think.

If i had to do this i'd use 1/8 glass and build an enclosed box, with a John Guest bulkhead holding an acrylic tube that goes to the bottom. inline pump outside connected to the bulkhead.
 
Also consider how you will fill it up. a bucket is probably not going to be possible i think.

If i had to do this i'd use 1/8 glass and build an enclosed box, with a John Guest bulkhead holding an acrylic tube that goes to the bottom. inline pump outside connected to the bulkhead.
I know this is old but what's the purpose of the bulkhead tube going to the bottom? I'm asking because I'm thinking about building a custom ATO reservoir.
 
I know this is old but what's the purpose of the bulkhead tube going to the bottom? I'm asking because I'm thinking about building a custom ATO reservoir.

I meant building a box with no holes at the bottom, instead put the hole on the top/lid, so the tube to the bottom is for drawing water out of the container
 
I know you do not want a reservoir outside of the stand, but take a lot at the IM reservoirs. I have the 15 gallon sitting beside my tank and it does not seem out of place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new