Help identify odd creature

PreziosoReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2022
Messages
52
Reaction score
29
Location
Orance County, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this guy coming out of a 2” long tube about 1/4” in diameter. Under my Candy cane coral and only seems to come out at night. Just recently started losing heads on my Candy cane around this thing…. Any ideas?

 
No way a Vermetid snail can get that big so quickly. Besides bumble snails have been living in my candy canes for weeks now at night. Not saying that their presence makes it impossible, just improbable.
 
Ugggg…. It’s coiled around under the candy canes. Can I just glue the opening shut and call it a day?
Yeah, that should work, I've done that before with the larger vermetids.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new