Help Identify Protein Skimmer

WhoDone IT

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
8
Location
DMV
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Just joined and am looking for some help. I am trying to identify this protein skimmer. I was going through a bunch of stuff salt water supplies I had and came across it. Once identified, would it be too much for a 15 nano? I'm trying to avoid getting another one if this would work.

Sorry in advanced if I put this in the wrong section.

File_000.jpeg
 
I believe it's one of the Boyu models....not sure which one.
 
@dew9000 I think you've got it! But boy, does that also look very similar to a Boyu. I wonder if the same Chinese company makes both skimmers?
 
Thanks guys. It looks like this is the 125gal Superskimmer model.
 
Whoops. Hit Post a little prematurely. Sounds like I may want to still look at getting a different one. I want something pretty quiet. Was hoping to avoid the 100-200 for a new one but 'tis the hobby we enjoy.
 
Whoops. Hit Post a little prematurely. Sounds like I may want to still look at getting a different one. I want something pretty quiet. Was hoping to avoid the 100-200 for a new one but 'tis the hobby we enjoy.
I have the reef octopus sss110 series, can't even hear it unless I open door to sump. My tank is 29 gal plus 10 gal sump
 
unfortunately that wont work my 15 nano. I'll be needing a hang on model
 
Good evening folks I’m in the process of building a reef and was trying to stay on the budget side as well ...picked up a used protien skimmer but the power cord is frayed I knew I was gonna have to replace the pump but I’m having a little trouble identifying the skimmer so I can get the correct replacement pump...here’s a pic of it any help will be appreciated!

C72E63DE-7A6C-4A42-8D0E-55EC2C1C6C62.jpeg F50E593F-2C4A-4655-96E6-03B7B98CBA85.jpeg A72DD4CC-F3B6-41D1-9474-4471AF535066.jpeg F55AB31A-4781-4028-9297-174055619F39.jpeg 8B2E87B8-9337-4DAD-BABC-67AD3AA29D0D.jpeg AEBB40B6-E485-4136-9D7E-9F2CB797F0FE.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new