Help Identifying algae

hoskyfull

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
21
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hola,


I recently got new live rock and this algae started growing. I just want to know if it’s OK or if it’s a bad one that I should get rid of. Thank you!
IMG_0110.jpeg
IMG_0111.jpeg
 
it looks like ulva / sea lettuce. Herbivore fish love it, but it will grow out of control if you let it. I'd remove manually and add an herbivore that will eat it if your tank has room.

Hermit crabs will eat it, as will herbivorous snails and urchins. My yellow tang mows it down, but that is not an option in a tank your size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new