Help identifying Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter MZReef120
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MZReef120

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
173
Reaction score
175
Location
Southern Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! I can't seem to identify this coral with certainty. I believe it's an cyphastrea. Confirmation would be great. Thanks!

Also when I purchased the coral it was purple with pink centers and after having it for about a month or two it's now changed it's color to a blue/green with pink centers. Why would that happen? Is there anything I can do to possibly bring it back to that color or do corals just sometimes change based on light, tank parameters, etc?

20210216_175057.jpg
 
How does this coral usually grow. Does it branch or is it encrusting?
 
In general cyphastrea can be encrusting or branching. This should one is encrusting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new