Help identifying disease

Cmarez93

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
48
Reaction score
11
Location
Tulsa
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have had this Gold Rim & Trigger in my tank for a little over a month now. The tang appeared to show ice spots but that seems to have gone away, but now is showing this symptom as well as my trigger. Both are eating, and not scratching on anything in the tank. I was thinking maybe some black ich on the tang since it does have some black spots.

IMG_5904.JPG IMG_5910.JPG
 
It does look like velvet, I'm sorry you have to deal with this. The advice above is sound, only thing I will add is to read the Velvet thread by humblefish for more information. Good luck and please keep us updated
 
I agree with the velvet diagnosis. Starting treatment ASAP will increase your success rate. Let us know if you have any questions. The link above that @Big G posted will have all the needed info.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new