Help identifying New coral

I asked a coral taxonomist and he said Porites sp.
 
PXL_20221231_232130675.jpg

PXL_20221231_232229079.jpg
PXL_20221231_232252868.jpg
PXL_20221231_232258761.jpg



Happy tank! One week later everything has been going smooth so far, did a 30% water change with NSW from the reef lagoon 10 miles offshore today. Brought back 100gallons of it.
 
PXL_20221231_232130675.jpg

PXL_20221231_232229079.jpg
PXL_20221231_232252868.jpg
PXL_20221231_232258761.jpg



Happy tank! One week later everything has been going smooth so far, did a 30% water change with NSW from the reef lagoon 10 miles offshore today. Brought back 100gallons of it.
if its a 5.5 gallon tank, your biggest issue will be filtration, lighting, and enough food for filter feeding. What does the tank setup look like?

I like your natural approach to it.
 
I'm using
if its a 5.5 gallon tank, your biggest issue will be filtration, lighting, and enough food for filter feeding. What does the tank setup look like?

I like your natural approach to it.
My lighting is a Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue, I'm using a Chinese pump currently off the shelf rated at 180g/hr, so my turn over rate is 36 times an hour. " Things can be hard to source reliable here" currently waiting on a bulk reef supply shipment . I'm feeding Reef Snow with the Tropic Marin Phyton and Zooton.

Need to get a power head but don't know what to use size wise yet.
 
Can anyone tell me what these are hiding in the coral? Crab/mite/spider? The coral has 3 of them the have never fully come out, I've seen two smaller pinchers sweep out.
PXL_20230102_134354781.jpg
PXL_20230102_134409059.jpg
Screenshot_20230102-094648.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new