Help , is my urchin loosing spines

saltlife97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB56223C-6918-4E1B-9DAA-8AD1B9A5E5AF.jpeg
image.jpg
Hey guys I got this guyearlier today and it’s my first time owning an urchin, he’s barely moved but he’s been upside down a few times :/ ? I don’t know if his spines come out after he settles in the tank but give me some input if you have answers and if I shouldbe expecting these things after acclimation or is this normal? Thanks!

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like its been starving to death. probably a bad purchase. looses spines when injured or dying. if ur finding it upside down somethings turning it over or its to weak to hold on itself and attacking its mouth trying to eat it. if you have a nori sheet put it on top of a piece. if doesnt eat it fairly quickly its most likely dying. they constantly eat and unless you have tons of algae they easily starve, and in those pics you posted I see very little for it to eat in your system too.

OP
OP
saltlife97

saltlife97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has lots that’s just a spot with less than others but I’ve put him on top of nori and it doesn’t seem to be eating , it’s tube feet are out but does that not mean much?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back