Help is this Ich?

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi started out with the hobby so new to the saltwater got a 120 liter (30gallon) tank with life sand and used life rock. After cycling (use seachem prime and stability) i bought two clown fish a week ago. They are the only fish in the tank no corals. They are great and full alive although i do have some concerns since today about one of them it isn’t eating directly i use pellets and liquid artemia in a bottle, but i think perhaps it has ich? I uploaded the video to youtube perhaps someone could check ? That would be great!

I don’t have a qt tank was goiing to buy one for the next fish and regret that i didn’t bought it already, with the holidays here its gonna take a day or four before i could buy one

Any advice is appreciated !!! (Sorry for my english:))

Link to video of clown

Water conditions are:
Amonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite <1
Phosphor <0,3
Salinity 1026 steady with a ato to ro water
Temp 26,5 C or 79,9 F

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi started out with the hobby so new to the saltwater got a 120 liter (30gallon) tank with life sand and used life rock. After cycling (use seachem prime and stability) i bought two clown fish a week ago. They are the only fish in the tank no corals. They are great and full alive although i do have some concerns since today about one of them it isn’t eating directly i use pellets and liquid artemia in a bottle, but i think perhaps it has ich? I uploaded the video to youtube perhaps someone could check ? That would be great!

I don’t have a qt tank was goiing to buy one for the next fish and regret that i didn’t bought it already, with the holidays here its gonna take a day or four before i could buy one

Any advice is appreciated !!! (Sorry for my english:))

Link to video of clown

Water conditions are:
Amonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite <1
Phosphor <0,3
Salinity 1026 steady with a ato to ro water
Temp 26,5 C or 79,9 F
Based on appearance and swim behavior, clown has brooklynella which affects mainly wild caught clowns and will require treatment
You can do this in tank with ruby rally pro but vest in separate quarantine tank with added aeration

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nanobambam

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on appearance and swim behavior, clown has brooklynella which affects mainly wild caught clowns and will require treatment
You can do this in tank with ruby rally pro but vest in separate quarantine tank with added aeration
Thanks for the quick reply will read into this, however i can buy a separate tank within a couple of days due to closing of the stores here, should i do anything else ? And do i just threat this clown or should i set them both in qt together ?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply will read into this, however i can buy a separate tank within a couple of days due to closing of the stores here, should i do anything else ? And do i just threat this clown or should i set them both in qt together ?
As long as you are setting up a treatment tank, you might as well treat both
Monitor water quality and add air stone for added oxygen and water movement

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nanobambam

nanobambam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read about this, really sucks of course but can’t get my hands on a qt tank at new years eve of course, or ruby rally pro and just read that thus dicease goes very quick, thanks for the quick reply again!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back