Help, its going out of controll.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be Red Sea or salifert, won’t matter either way. We have misread threads tracked for ten years now, this one is the same. A misread

what he is not using to measure ammonia: a seneye machine

the only test in reefing that gives accurate ammonia readings in a working reef tank: a seneye.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

a challenge was posed to the entire chemistry forum: disprove the statement that it is impossible for a reef tank to hover in the tenths ppm free ammonia.

they could not. How many times has someone successfully baited the entire chemistry forum before

no reef tank has held two tenths ppm free ammonia for days, zero. It cannot happen, a rule of surface area mechanics

that thread proves this tank here has no nitrite or ammonia issues, even though nobody agrees. nobody has counter data to prove a reef can hold above thousandths ppm, they have only misreading tests.

Our hobby cannot call a test kit wrong, we’ve never been given permission for that. We make retail buys off wrong test reads, thats the rules we’ve been given.

By knowing this tank was never in cycle distress, it was simple eutrophic shift from a bunch of pent up waste not cleaned out, he can make the reef work correctly like we do in other work threads. But that will only come about last ditch option, when all else has failed to give results wanted.

nitrite has no bearing in reefing any longer, not possible to test accurately for it. Too many confounds, and it’s a neutral param anyway (per the link)

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that is what best fixes up sahaas tank, nothing can beat that option for nano reefs, a simple deep clean.

OP
OP
S

saha99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be Red Sea or salifert, won’t matter either way. We have misread threads tracked for ten years now, this one is the same. A misread

what he is not using to measure ammonia: a seneye machine

the only test in reefing that gives accurate ammonia readings in a working reef tank: a seneye.
Yea im useing the saltwater master kit, is it realy that inaccurate ?

OP
OP
S

saha99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

New setup

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back