Help Keeping Corals Clean In Frag Tank

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, I am . I have a meter thats hooked on it and test it every time. Which is a lot lately! I just changed out the filters and resin too about a month ago.

I just bought some All for reef and was going to change my dosing to that and I got to thinking about how those acrylic frag plugs and glass get that algea and film so I decide to wait. Iheard so many people say how the essential elements in it fuel the growth of corals so I am pretty sure thats why.

Just like dinos are fuled from water changes. It maybe cyano but dosnt react when I use cyano treatments. So now I am dosing bacteria as well but just today I read to much bacteria dosing can cause alage! I am baffled as to what it is! I dont think its dinos because its not snotty and stringy or anything and no reason why I should have dinos.

I really think it might be cyano because it first started on some zoas that I bought that came in on new plugs and within a week they were solid red(plugs). But dosnt make sense why the cyano treatments dosnt work! I feellike once the coraline grows onit it will go away. Its starting o on some ares but cant figure out why its on the glass either! What a mess! I want to move these over to my frag tank but not with that stuff on the zoa racks! Peroxide takes it away but always comes back!
I read a lot of people with cyano and water changes but yet to have an issue with cyano and doing them. Maybe it's the salt I use which is aqua forest that I get from LFS premade. Dosing more bacteria unless a different strain, isn't going to do much once it's already established. Finding new sources maybe better such as live rock from other places.

Just stay up on maintenance feed what is needed. Lots of good guidance here

Back