Torch coral losing flesh

whitasm

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2022
Messages
162
Reaction score
39
Location
columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping that someone can provide me with some insight on this issue. My torch coral is about a week old to this tank and I have noticed some of the flesh is receding. In the pictures you can see the white skeleton showing where it is receding. Tank parameters below :
Nitrate - 10
Phosphates - .25
Calcium - 455
Magnesium - 1275
Alk - 7.7

IMG_0052.jpeg
 
Looks ok to me. Perhaps a better picture with a flashlight on the side and no flash from the camera would help
 
Looks ok to me. Perhaps a better picture with a flashlight on the side and no flash from the camera would help
I can try and get another picture tonight. Checked on it again this morning and it appears its moving up even more. it is that white skeleton showing in the picture as it appears just a patch on both sides of the skeleton are moving upwards. All other corals are fine and it is a tank full of Euphyllia.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new