Help lol

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I've been running 2 AI Vega lights on my 93 cube. I am wanting to see if I can get better growth out of MH the exact light is in the image. How should I acclimate being I can't Suspend from ceiling to get the height

Second question I'm running a mag drive 12 as return pump with ball valve if I open the valve over 25 percent it starts taking on air how do I get the tank to drop more water thru the overflow it's the stock plumbing that came with the Marineland tank as I bought it new a year ago. My ato could add water but will that not over flow tank as its pushing more into tank I've only got about 3ft of head pressure so it will turn the tank over great. There is no dead spots as I'm also running 2 mp40. The way it's set I am guessing it is turning water over about 3-4 times per hour when i would like it to be 6-7 times a hour

image.png

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brent,you could place some screen under the light to help acclimate to the mh.You could make your overflow into a herbie style drain and run your returns over the back.That way you will have a full siphon and emergency drain in your overflow box.

OP
OP
05grandprix

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad idea but don't want to break it down and redo it all seems like more hassle not sure someone said to open the pump to where I want it to flow and let the ato fill the sump. To me that would cause the tank to over flow with water being added and the overflow not keeping up with pump and then if power were to fail I'd have a mess but he says it will work just do not go past a full point in sump to if the power is lost it will overflow. I'm not understanding him very well. I'm just little slow

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back