Help! Lost connection to Apex fusion

RagnarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a storm come through and power surge where I lost power for like 5 seconds. The base unit had no light on and seemed dead. I went to unplug aquabus on base unit that connects to EB832 but disconnected the aquabus connected to my FMM (LDK) and the lights on the base unit came back on. Everytime I try to reconnect the FMM the base unit powers off. Thats issue number 1. My equipment plugged into Apex is running in whatever fallback mode I had programmed. More importantly I lost connection to fusion and the base unit has just a solid blue light. I have it hardwired via ethernet to router. Tried resetting mutiple times, reset router, tried connecting to Apex setup wifi and going to http://apex.local and couldn't connect. I tried unplugging power to the Apex and that didnt work. Don't know what else to do... help! Issue 3 is that i plugged my skimmer (RO Regal 150 INT) into a power strip to get it back up running (have programmed as fallback off) and it just hums for 20 seconds and then turns off and the controller blinks red where the 15 and 60 are for feed modes like its stuck on feed mode...

Any and all help would be appreciated ( @SuncrestReef )

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you may have one or more electrical problems, probably due to the power surge.
Isolate your issue first. Do you have a power supply connected to the FMM? If so, disconnect that power supply, then connect the FMM into EB832 or the head unit. Do you still see the same behavior? Do you see the light on the FMM module being on or blinking?

Next, disconnect your head unit from everything, find a good 12v power supply to power it independently from the EB832. If it comes on, connect it via ethernet to your router and check the router interface if a new wired client is connected on any IP. If not, you may have to try a factory reset on the head unit. If that doesn't work, there's definitely an electrical problem with the head unit.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back