help low PH

Crystabel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

well my elegance coral wasn't open when I got back from work so I tested my parameters and found my PH is 7.4 !!! Yikes.... I tested my water and it is also at 7.4, I did a water change yesterday and I guess I made it drop and the elegance did not like...

the rests looks fine for now. (fishes, mushroom and a frogspawn

I have put both power heads pointed upwards to help, opened a window and what else can I do ??? i do have baking soda - but read good and bad.... it is 9:30 and can't obviously do much tonight...

help !!!!

thanks in advance

robf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DON'T DO ANYTHING ...... YET. If everything looks fine. Assume the pH probe has gone out of calibration. The probes easily go out of parameter and should be re calibrated every few weeks.

OP
OP
C

Crystabel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welli did change my power heads to point upwards some more and retested and it was 8 ish.... I did change their directions this weekend as the frogspawn was getting too much flow

Now it went up fast - hope it doesn't create problems...

The elegance is still quite unhappy though..... :0/

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Crystabel,

What kind of test kit are you using? Are the kits expired? What are you other levels testing at? Ca, Alk, Mag, etc? Also, what time did you test, and what time do your lights turn on / off? Are you adding anything else to your tank? If you provide some more information, we can help figure this out for you. Looking forward to your reply.

Chris R.

OP
OP
C

Crystabel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chris !

sorry miss this post !

well my PH seems to be back to normal now. Not sure what happened... just put some more flow and changed the skimmer to do more bubbles!!!

I had Api tests. I bought new test that are red sea.

all the parameters I tested are fine but the calcium that was a bit on the high end - it might be me that tested wrong ! it was up to 490....

I tested at the end of the light cycle - about an hour before it was going to close.

I am not adding anything. will look for the numbers tomorrow - I remember Ammonia, nitrite were 0 and nitrate 10

PH back at 8.2

I tested Magnesium, Calcium and Alk but other then the Calcium as mentioned earlier - can't remember - they were normal !

My Elegance is doing a lot better! is usually opened up now ! the frogspawn is doing well but one of my mushroom just detached - so not sure what is going on. I think I have too much flow... I have a 45 gallon cube and have 2 hydor 750 pumps..... I have problems finding low flow area so I think maybe they are too strong ?

thanks in advance !

Isabelle

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back