HELP!!! Major problems with Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152

Snaizel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends and fellow reefers I just got this 3152 as my very first ATO and I cannot for the life of me seem to get it to work so i want to throw it out here to see if anyone has any advice or similar issues.

The ATO refuses to fill my tank up or even switch on when the float sensor is triggered. I'm not even sure the float sensor triggers at all.

The pump kicks on -sometimes- when I plug it in and out of the power outlet and even when it does turn on it only actually initially pumps water when replugged in during the 1.8min safety fill and it ONLY does that maybe 10% of the time you actually replug it back in.

The float can move freely and nothing is blocking it nor is there any salt creep or anything stuck inside the float switch. I have tried rewiring the cables that connect to the black clips by removing them and reclipping them in. I have tried using different power outlets and I have tried manually activating the float switch with my finger in various water levels to no avail. I have also tried using cardboard spaces between the magnets, turning the float switch upside down, trying the pump out in various levels of water in my reservoir, knocking the air out of the pump, etc. nothing is working and I am completely fed up.

Does anyone have any advice or help? or a number to call tunze customer service

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not sure if you have or haven't watched them but BRS has a couple really good videos on it. I set mine up 2 days ago while watching and pausing. Hope you get it worked out

OP
OP
Snaizel

Snaizel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you have or haven't watched them but BRS has a couple really good videos on it. I set mine up 2 days ago while watching and pausing. Hope you get it worked out
Ill check them out and see if I can find anything im missing

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to make sure the pump is not air locked. While the pump is submerged in the ATO reservoir, flip it upside down while its underwater. It should release any trapped air and the pymp should work properly once flipped back over.

OP
OP
Snaizel

Snaizel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to make sure the pump is not air locked. While the pump is submerged in the ATO reservoir, flip it upside down while its underwate. It should release any trapped air and the p7mp should work properly.
I've tried doing that several times. Sometimes it does have air sometimes it doesn't but even when I knock all the air bubbles put by turning it upside down under the water it still ceases to function. That was my first instict.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Are you using the black optical eye at the water level or the float?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the black optical eye at the water level or the float?
OP has a Nano 3152, not the full 3155.

If you push the whole magnet assembly with the float switch down until the float switch is submerged, does the the high water alarm trigger?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back