Help me choose a light

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to upgrade my current light fixtures for a 24''x15'' spread. I've looked at the XR15 but don't know if I could justify spending the money. I know its arguably the best light on the market, I've run tanks in the past with them and had incredible success. They work well. The AI hydra 32 seems quite appealing as I have had some good friends tell me good things about them. I'm looking for a brighter, cleaner and natural light that comes with the radion but doesn't eat up my wallet. Any and all replies appreciated.

Nigel

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm looking to upgrade my current light fixtures for a 24''x15'' spread. I've looked at the XR15 but don't know if I could justify spending the money. I know its arguably the best light on the market, I've run tanks in the past with them and had incredible success. They work well. The AI hydra 32 seems quite appealing as I have had some good friends tell me good things about them. I'm looking for a brighter, cleaner and natural light that comes with the radion but doesn't eat up my wallet. Any and all replies appreciated.

Nigel
You’ll be very pleased with 2 orphek OR3 light bars. Model 60
Sky blue and blue plus

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do they run on a cycle or are they a flip on and off?
They are on and off and work well with a timer or controller unit

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nigel
Look into reefi uno. More powerful,better spectrum and cheaper then xr15

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back