Help me choose a nano tank!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! yeah I have seen that tank online sure does look sexy!

Boy does it ever! To me if you're a little handy with DIY you really can't beat the simple clean look the Mr Aqua can give you and a really good price.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for this build I want a KISS tank as possible. I thought about the IM25 and almost went with it 6 months ago. for this one i want a peninsula tank.

right now I am between the
IM20
Evo 13.5
aquagard 14.6

IM 20, you know you want to!!!! ;Smuggrin

And because I'm insane I'd still drill it for a sump :p

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want it but also want something smaller too. am I crazy? i like the ldea of a small couch side nano + I think it will be easier to sell the idea to the GF :D

Not crazy atall, I'm just going off one of your previous threads about setting up the 750 or not. I think you'd be happier with the slightly larger AIO. It's a little more forgiving and flexible long term, it can become a good size frag tank in the future or coral QT. It will also fit the current lights you have so you don't have to purchase a new one to go over a smaller tank.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ yeah the 750 will be set up just dont know where and how long. guessing by late fall.
so the nano is a nice hold me over tank + I have always wanted one.

hmm not a bad idea but I would have to buy a light for it at some point. if I go the IM20 I am thinking about the orbit marine light hits all the points i need in a light for that size tank.
price, control- ability, and sleek looking if I go with the cheaper tanks I might just get an AI prime HD.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ yeah the 750 will be set up just dont know where and how long. guessing by late fall.
so the nano is a nice hold me over tank + I have always wanted one.

hmm not a bad idea but I would have to buy a light for it at some point. if I go the IM20 I am thinking about the orbit marine light hits all the points i need in a light for that size tank.
price, control- ability, and sleek looking if I go with the cheaper tanks I might just get an AI prime HD.

You certainly would have to buy a light at some point but it would be down the road after the 750 was cycled. Until then you can use what you have already. I'm not sure what you have for powerheads already for the 750 but if they are DC you might even be able to use one on the 20 given it's size. Any smaller and they might just be too big to fit. I'm really just spitballing right now at this point. You could go with the IM14 at which the AI Prime purchase down the road would be sufficient permanently.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as much as I love the IM20 i feel its to big, as odd as that sounds. might kick myself in the but down the road, but i think it's out.

that said I did find another interesting tank the fifji cube 18.5 6mm glass and a nice foot print of 23.63" X 14"x13" and its a $100 cheaper than the IM + 1 AI prime will light it.

i reached out to them via FB to get the filter area dems they got back to me pretty quick telling me they would get back with that info.

so as of now the top 3 are
evo 13.5
lifegard 14.5
fiji cube 18.5

I am curious to see what i pick. the evo is a tride and true tank with lots of owners, but the other two not a ton of info on them.

Looks like IM are out the 14 looks "funny" and the 20 is hard to light and might be to big for a side table nano.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure I decided on a tank. once I get the OK from my lovely lady I'll get this fun little tank flowing.

nanos can be fun who knew?...lol I think I am just as excited for this build as my "main" DT.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back