Help me choose my last available modules!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a 40g breeder with an apex jr unit, which allows for 7 modules. Here’s the modules I already have: 2 energy bars, ph, salinity, DOS, and display (but I’m not sure if the display counts). I have two more available plugs on my energy bars, which I’ll probably use for a fan and maybe an ato for my rodi reservoir. So I have either one or two more modules I can add. I don’t plan on upgrading my apex until it stops working, so I want to make the best decision for my tank. I’m thinking of either the FMK and/or the leak detection kit. If the leak detection kit can plug into the FMK (I think it can), that might only count for one module. I want the FMK for my return line because I just plumbed a uv sterilizer into my return pump and want the option of programming it to turn off if the flow stops. The leak detection is my second choice, with a sensor in my auto water change area and sensors under the return and overflow plumbing. Any advice including other options is greatly appreciated!

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The display is a module. What do you use for ato? If you use the atk you will have 2 extra ports you can use for flow meters or leak sensors

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The display is a module. What do you use for ato? If you use the atk you will have 2 extra ports you can use for flow meters or leak sensors
I have a Tunze ato. So the ports are different than the module connections right?

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I just checked and it said that a firmware update a while back changed it so the display is no longer counted as a module which would be great!

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I just checked and it said that a firmware update a while back changed it so the display is no longer counted as a module which would be great!
I haven’t looked into it I always thought it was, thanks for the heads up

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iirc the fmk is just the fmm module with the leak rope kit.
So can I run both the flow monitor and the leak detection from the fmk module? Do I need the ldk module if I have the fmk one?

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there are 4 plugs for either leak detection or flow meters, they can be mixed and matched. You can buy a fmm module alone and then buy which accessory you want to use with it. Id prolly buy the fmk and just buy the leak detectors separate.

Screenshot_20220525-084007.png

Screenshot_20220525-084130.png

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there are 4 plugs for either leak detection or flow meters, they can be mixed and matched. You can buy a fmm module alone and then buy which accessory you want to use with it. Id prolly buy the fmk and just buy the leak detectors separate.

Screenshot_20220525-084007.png

Screenshot_20220525-084130.png
That’s great news! I can get both using only one module. Thanks!

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the final module, I might buy another EB4 bar to handle any future equipment. I’m pretty sure they’ll be discontinued at some point like the old eb8 bar.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it while it lasts. These (EB4/8) are far more robust than the current toys-r-us iteration.
This. I kinda hoard them, lol. I didn't know they were discontinued, but that explains why the price has went up the past few months. I used to get them for 60-75 bucks. I was looking for one eb8 and they weren't under 100$ at all, used. So I bought a new eb4 instead.

That tells me Apex classic support is gonna go next and when that happens, Hydros here I come...

Last edited:
OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. I kinda hoard them, lol. I didn't know they were discontinued, but that explains why the price has went up the past few months. I used to get them for 60-75 bucks. I was looking for one eb8 and they weren't under 100$ at all, used. So I bought a new eb4 instead.

That tells me Apex classic support is gonna go next and when that happens, Hydros here I come...
If I ever have to upgrade to the new system I’ll keep using the old energy bars.

Back