Help me feed my fish please

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjvanb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jjvanb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
20
Location
West Palm Beach, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to feed my fish the best possible diet, any advice would be appreciated. Currently I am caring for-

Ocellaris Clown
Foxface
White Tail Tang
Yellow Tang (Biota)
Chocolate Tang

My current routine is nori 2-3 times a week.
Daily feeding of -
San Francisco Bay Brand- Seaweed Delight
Hikari- Spirulina Mysis Shrimp

Thank You
 
Mix some Larrys, mysis, and these for a well balanced feed.
Tangs need nori or equivalent daily.
I guarantee you currently don't feed enough.
Minimum 3× a day with 4+ a better option.
20251103_124215.jpg
 
Reef frenzy is also good. Variety as mentioned. I feed 3-4 times per day.
 
Agreed with @Idech.. the tangs should be fed nori daily. I suggest folding the nori over a few times till its really tight.. this stops the tangs from shredding it all over the tank within minutes.
 
Reef frenzy is also good. Variety as mentioned. I feed 3-4 times per day.
I use Larys Reef Frenzy and Herbivore Frenzy. All my fish love them.
I chop it up and paste it into old mysis packs. Then I have cubes.
I feed 12+ cubes a day in my 4 current systems.
150, 50, 35 and 15.
Also feed some clownfish pellets pellets to my Maroon Clown.
These get feed 2-3 times a week mixed in with the cubes.
The only fish that will eat nori is my filefish.
Esv dried Phtyo 2-3× week.
20251103_133823.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new