Help me get my tank through the door!!!!!

WetPetz0836

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Humpty Doo
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I have a 2400 x 1000 x 400 frag tank and have just moved it to the other side of the country only to get stuck at the back door. My issue is that I will need to get the tank on its side but with it being so shallow I can't get suction caps where I need them. Any suggestions on how I can achieve this without chipping or cracking it????
 
Build a skid or crate with the frag tank on its side .

the company that moved my tank called their crate style skid a piano skid . Essentially a sleigh covered in carpet
Ratchet straps secure the tank to it .
moving blankets protect the corners
use carts or dolly’s as pictured above to wheel it in through the doors .
 
I’ve got dollys and everything it’s just the point of getting it on its side. If I have enough blankets under it can I push it onto it’s side. It’s the lift and turn to its side that’s the problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new