OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Alright I'll dip it! I've got algae on my other Zoa frags so I'm going to dip all those too!

Tenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to count for time. Just remove the frag when you see it bubble up.

OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice good luck!

so far I havent done anything but almost all of the algae in the tank is gone! good ol snails and hermits seem to be knocking it out.

I am going to dip a few of my frags still though to make sure they dont get covered! most importantly my rainbow rhinos have a brown film on them and seem to be chocking them out! thats what im most worried about

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dip

I have had a zoa tank for about 10 years the best for a dip is : 1oz of peroxide to 5oz of tank water do not exceed 5min.

Tank dose is 2ml per ten gals for 8 days... it will not hurt anything in the tank i have hi-end chalices and sps as well...

Best of luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a zoa tank for about 10 years the best for a dip is : 1oz of peroxide to 5oz of tank water do not exceed 5min.

Tank dose is 2ml per ten gals for 8 days... it will not hurt anything in the tank i have hi-end chalices and sps as well...

Best of luck

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I just cut back on the hours my lights were on and that all I've done. But so far it's almost completely gone!

I do need to dip a few corals though so ill be doing that!

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, peroxide will kill all hair algae. Be sure all zoas closed tight before performing dip. Good luck

+1
h202 dips work very well for erradication of all types of algae, polyps just might not open for a day or two afterwards

countryflirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone! This information is so great!! I am a newbie to salt tanks and loving EVERY minute of it!!! No one has told me about the batch; and, since it seems to help the corals; I think I will add the dip solution to my cleaning at time of water tank!

OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I must of gotten lucky. All the algae in the tank is gone! Seems my hermits and snails took care of it. And I dipped the plug of paralyzers in an H2O2 solution solution and that took care of everything on that!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 9.0%
Back