Help me on tank decision.

Littlebit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, Im planning on getting back in the reefing hole after many many moons away.

Im currently torn between the Waterbox MARINE X110.4 or the REEF 100.3
The Marine X is longer but not as wide as the Reef. (Wife wants the smaller MARINE X90.3 sigh lol)
Room is a premium in the house so cant go any bigger.

Not really sure where I will go with corals and fish. Wife like zoa's and some of the LPS corals and I like SPS corals. So it's up in the air right now.

Which would you choose and why?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest taking my approach and skipping straight to the end and give your wife what she wants....if she is anything like mine she will get her way eventually.

I believe other than length though those tanks are identical dimensions so i would choose the longer one.

*Edit i missed the part on the reef version. I would choose that for sure. The extra front to back dimensions is great in my opinion

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I like these kinda threads as I ask R2R stuff like this to.

Ok my 2 cents.
go with a peninsula if you got a spot for it or willing to make it. it 's really like having 2 tanks in 1. you can have one side SPS and she can have here LPS and you both will be happy.

WB makes a slink 3 and 4 foot peninsula. there only 20" wide tho. could be a good thing for you tho?

also check out the fiji cube line up as well. I am kinda in the maket for a 3' tank myself ( the other half just dont know yet ) I am am really leaning towards there 81 ext . ( 100 total volume )

good luck and let us know what you decide.

OP
OP
Littlebit

Littlebit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I like these kinda threads as I ask R2R stuff like this to.

Ok my 2 cents.
go with a peninsula if you got a spot for it or willing to make it. it 's really like having 2 tanks in 1. you can have one side SPS and she can have here LPS and you both will be happy.

WB makes a slink 3 and 4 foot peninsula. there only 20" wide tho. could be a good thing for you tho?

also check out the fiji cube line up as well. I am kinda in the maket for a 3' tank myself ( the other half just dont know yet ) I am am really leaning towards there 81 ext . ( 100 total volume )

good luck and let us know what you decide.
I will check out the fiji cube line. Haven't seen those yet. ty

I do like the peninsula tanks and I'm very tempted.

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skipping straight to the end and give your wife what she want
+1
1620357604166.gif

Let’s have real talk. I am not happy unless she is happy, I don’t know why I think it’s a disease. BUT!!!!! she can be 100000000% happy if I am unhappy. So yea...

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

def. check them out from what I hear there great tanks. the stand is real wood to, so that a bonus.
another option is class cages ( I know the name ) but they are great ppl I have talked to joe many times he will get back to you very fast with all your questions. they can do custom glass euro braced or rimless or even acrylic.
easy to get quotes on there new website so check it out. there not PnP sytem tho but its an option and made here in the USA

I would have a look at you room and talk it over with the boss ( as we all know the ladies of the house are in charge of the inside design.) get some cheap pvc pipe the thin walled stuff and some elbows and mock up a model of the tank and place it around the room so you guys get an idea what looks best. might cost you a few buck in pvc ( you can always return the unused elbows ) but it will give you what the tank will look like in the spot.

I say if you like peninsula tanks go for it man IMHO there the best if you got a spot for one. :)

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us that don't want to look it up, what are the dimensions of each tank?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do it... I have one in my trailer out in the driveway (Fijicube 108). Saved money on the comparable Waterbox and Red Sea tanks and I like their sumps better.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
def. check them out from what I hear there great tanks. the stand is real wood to, so that a bonus.
another option is class cages ( I know the name ) but they are great ppl I have talked to joe many times he will get back to you very fast with all your questions. they can do custom glass euro braced or rimless or even acrylic.
easy to get quotes on there new website so check it out. there not PnP sytem tho but its an option and made here in the USA

I would have a look at you room and talk it over with the boss ( as we all know the ladies of the house are in charge of the inside design.) get some cheap pvc pipe the thin walled stuff and some elbows and mock up a model of the tank and place it around the room so you guys get an idea what looks best. might cost you a few buck in pvc ( you can always return the unused elbows ) but it will give you what the tank will look like in the spot.

I say if you like peninsula tanks go for it man IMHO there the best if you got a spot for one. :)
Thanks so much for the mention @Devaji Always here to support! Love this stuff.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back