Help me pick a fish for my fluval evo

  • Thread starter Thread starter If on Aqua
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I recently got a second evo from a guy a work. Came with intank media chamber, hydor nano, auto aqua ato, and prime hd. Currently I have a small lyretail hawkfish in it and an orchid dottyback on the way. I’m just curious if I can also add a small maroon clown with them as well or am I asking for trouble?
 
So I recently got a second evo from a guy a work. Came with intank media chamber, hydor nano, auto aqua ato, and prime hd. Currently I have a small lyretail hawkfish in it and an orchid dottyback on the way. I’m just curious if I can also add a small maroon clown with them as well or am I asking for trouble?
I wouldn’t as Maroons can be nasty.
 
Tbh the tank is on the small side for all those fish, except maybe the dotty.
Hawks don’t do much but lyretails get pretty big. Maroon is just big and mean, and dotties just aren’t pleasant fish either.
 
Midas gets a bit big imo
I’d look into Tailspot blenny, similar personality but smaller.
agree the Midas checks the dog box, but it would have to be a tiny one - tail spot (careful, they find cracks in the lid to jump through)
Clown goby? green yellow to black
 
Tbh the tank is on the small side for all those fish, except maybe the dotty.
Hawks don’t do much but lyretails get pretty big. Maroon is just big and mean, and dotties just aren’t pleasant fish either.
I have a 120 for the lyretail to go in once he does start getting to big. Right now he is very little!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new