Help me pick pumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter RMMKD0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RMMKD0

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
68
Reaction score
60
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’m setting up an innovative marine 50 ext and I’m trying to decide which power heads to use. Was thinking maybe 2 Nero 5 or a 5/3, one top front one bottom low or a pair of tunze 6075. What would you choose and why.

IMG_7183.jpeg IMG_7184.jpeg
 
Hey all. I’m setting up an innovative marine 50 ext and I’m trying to decide which power heads to use. Was thinking maybe 2 Nero 5 or a 5/3, one top front one bottom low or a pair of tunze 6075. What would you choose and why.

IMG_7183.jpeg IMG_7184.jpeg
Depends on your budget . With the small tank I would want a dc controlled one so you can tune it later.
 
I like the idea of 2 pumps to get cross tank flow. Just trying to avoid dead spots.
 
I like the idea of 2 pumps to get cross tank flow. Just trying to avoid dead spots.
Good Idea and cant hurt.
The return provides enough flow from the right side for my system.
I have considered a Orca 6075 and one would be all you need if you can make it fit.
I run Sea Sweeps on 2 other systems. My 60×30×21 only needs 2 for complete flow control.
 
Good Idea and cant hurt.
The return provides enough flow from the right side for my system.
I have considered a Orca 6075 and one would be all you need if you can make it fit.
I run Sea Sweeps on 2 other systems. My 60×30×21 only needs 2 for complete flow control.
I’m not sure how low the orca sits, I may look into that. Thanks for the suggestion
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new