New aquarium decision time. Help me decide.

I’m very happy with my IM 170 EXT.

A few points:
- The back is indeed black acrylic. I like to clean the back of my tanks to keep them clear of coraline, so you can’t use a razor blade or other harsh method. (Ask me how I know)
- The stand is tall, more than I expected. I love the aluminum and build quality, and now I really like the height. But measure if you are considering so you know what you are getting.
- Build quality is great, sump is nice if you get it included, so is the net/lid.
- Eurobrace is the way to go in my opinion. I’ll never do a rimless in that size as I consider a tank a long term investment and I worry about the stresses on the design over time.

I had inquired about Tsunami tanks as well, but had too many fears I would end up scratching it in the end or have to be careful with urchins. I also don’t like how enclosed the tops are on most of the acrylics, making some work difficult.

Good luck and let us know what you choose!
 
How is cleaning the panes on your 180? Im little worried that the eurobraced openings are so small that it would be difficult to clean the panes.
About the same as a eurobraced glass tank.

The acrylic bracing is a little wider than glass would be ... but there's still really noticeable difference reaching in to clean, do maintenance, rock placement, etc.
 
Well i put in my order for a Tsunami acrylic tank. Dimensions will be 60x36x24. Internal overflow. The maple wood stand will be 36’’ tall with doors one long side and one door on the one short side. They are also building a 48’’x18’’x18’’ sump with a filter sock/refugium/skimmer/return pump sections. They are also building a ATO to fit under the stand as well. They quoted a 16 week build time which is just fine with me.
 
I might just do my first aquarium build thread over there in the large aquarium section. I will be moving livestock over from my 75 gallon and 150 gallon tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new