Help me pick some battle corals SPS? :D

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been sitting on the idea of making my first buy from Battle Corals and am nonetheless still overwhelmed by all the options. This is also my first big potential purchase as far as SPS goes. Tank has been up for a year, had success with montis, green slimer, PC rainbow, and a CC Voodoo Magic frag that I got from a local (it had been brown for months as I got it way too early, but in the past 6 weeks it's fully colored up, started encrusting on the plug, and looks awesome.

My only thing is I want to avoid anything that is predominantly green, but any recommendations would be awesome! The more beginner friendly the better, but the tank has really stabilized a lot recently so I'm cautiously trusting that things will go well. Just thought this might be a fun way of deciding. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
C

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking maybe a battle box plus a few specific buys on the side? Not positive. I've heard great things about the battle boxes though. Just putting feelers out to see if there are any must haves out there!

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking maybe a battle box plus a few specific buys on the side? Not positive. I've heard great things about the battle boxes though. Just putting feelers out to see if there are any must haves out there!
I would recommend getting a battlebox and specifying which colors/growth patterns/species you're looking for, and I'm sure Adam will be able to help you out. I've purchased three battleboxes so far and have always received awesome corals.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Get a BattleBox and then give Adam some suggestions of what you’re looking for.

With that said, he is also running a Labor Day sale (ends today I believe) where the discount is applied in the cart once added

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a battlebox a couple weeks ago, gave some ideas about what I had seen and liked, what I had already and species I liked and left the rest up to Adam. Could not have been more happy with what he put together for me, will absolutely order again. The size and quality of frags he sent was way above what expected, could be considered mini colonies lol. When compared to some of the big names in the hobby it’s crazy to see what he’s selling. This is a picture of the frags I got about 20 minutes after putting on rack.

Attachments

• 67F56481-01F0-4A29-84A2-5F1CDF950E02.jpeg
    67F56481-01F0-4A29-84A2-5F1CDF950E02.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 105

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going with the Battle Box! Albeit asking for a Rainbow Stylo chunk and no green, ideally, Super excited to see what shows up, thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I’ll be excited to see what you get, when are you supposed to receive your box?

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm supposed to get it a week from today (lots of orders going out after the sale, understandably), but the anticipation is killing me!

Awesome, don’t forget about us when you get it, post a picture! I’m excited to see what you get so I can only imagine your anticipation I think you’ll be super happy with what you end up getting.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ended up going with the Battle Box! Albeit asking for a Rainbow Stylo chunk and no green, ideally, Super excited to see what shows up, thanks everyone for the encouragement!
This is EXACTLY what I came to recommend. Adam is AMAZING, and I've had nothing but awesome experiences just asking him to put together a Battle Box with my preferences in mind.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back