OP
OP
C

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in! A bunch of really exciting pieces, nice sizes, really happy overall- great value for the price, too.

Unfortunately, a little over 24 hrs in and one of the frags is showing signs of RTN. Sadly it's the joint nicest piece as far as list price goes. In hindsight what I thought was some different coloration on the branches when I unpacked was probably the start of the RTN, but I should have looked more carefully and it's my own fault now. All the frags are still on the substrate (planning to move them up this weekend) but is there anything I can do? My record with SPS has been good so far and I haven't experienced any RTN on any of the acros I have had so far, and the other 7 look great. Just not sure about what I can do to save it. But ultimately this doesn't discredit the box, absolutely top quality corals and really generous sized frags especially compared to the nubs you get most other places. I'm more than glad I went with it, just wish I was more observant yesterday so I could have caught it earlier :/

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in! A bunch of really exciting pieces, nice sizes, really happy overall- great value for the price, too.

Unfortunately, a little over 24 hrs in and one of the frags is showing signs of RTN. Sadly it's the joint nicest piece as far as list price goes. In hindsight what I thought was some different coloration on the branches when I unpacked was probably the start of the RTN, but I should have looked more carefully and it's my own fault now. All the frags are still on the substrate (planning to move them up this weekend) but is there anything I can do? My record with SPS has been good so far and I haven't experienced any RTN on any of the acros I have had so far, and the other 7 look great. Just not sure about what I can do to save it. But ultimately this doesn't discredit the box, absolutely top quality corals and really generous sized frags especially compared to the nubs you get most other places. I'm more than glad I went with it, just wish I was more observant yesterday so I could have caught it earlier :/
Shipping corals is always a gamble regardless of the vendor. Adam has top notch shipping and always send great sized pieces. Post pics of the frags he sent!

OP
OP
C

cdw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping corals is always a gamble regardless of the vendor. Adam has top notch shipping and always send great sized pieces. Post pics of the frags he sent!
I've got no qualms at all, great packing for sure! The bags telling more about the growth rate and difficulty was a really great touch. Ultimately it's just a personal problem at this point, but any idea of what I can do to stop the RTN?

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got no qualms at all, great packing for sure! The bags telling more about the growth rate and difficulty was a really great touch. Ultimately it's just a personal problem at this point, but any idea of what I can do to stop the RTN?
You could try fragging off the healthy pieces and gluing them down. I would also put them in a low flow, lower light area.

Back