OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals and other fish do you have
There's gonna be a mandarin, a clown, some clove polyps, a whole butt mushroom rock, green hammer, utter chaos polyps, and i want to add some sps soon after i get the tank set up because the light I'm going to be using is greaaaat.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's gonna be a mandarin, a clown, some clove polyps, a whole *** mushroom rock, green hammer, utter chaos polyps, and i want to add some sps soon after i get the tank set up because the light I'm going to be using is greaaaat.
Are you setting up a pod culture?

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a refugium for a 30g won’t produce enough podsfor a mandarin. You’re either going to have to purchase them every week or start a culture
The mandarin we have eats frozen food really well and i was VERY surprised. We do buy copepods at least every 1 or 2 weeks. I should start a culture though. Is it difficult?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since no one has mentioned it, a Midas blenny. Love my guy! I also like my royal gramma but he’s fairly aggressive. I have a 32g. I’d love a mccosker’s, but they’re iffy on a tank of that size. They’d do better in something larger.

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since no one has mentioned it, a Midas blenny. Love my guy! I also like my royal gramma but he’s fairly aggressive. I have a 32g. I’d love a mccosker’s, but they’re iffy on a tank of that size. They’d do better in something larger.
Oh really? Then maybe i should wait on the flasher..but i have been wanting a midas blenny! They have a good personality??

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really? Then maybe i should wait on the flasher..but i have been wanting a midas blenny! They have a good personality??
I haven’t ruled out the mccosker yet, but the wrasse police would say no lol.

yes, the Midas is a very active fish with a good personality. Mine bites though! It doesn’t hurt but it surprises me every time. He eats out of my hand every day.

B8551535-F35A-4610-AD29-D3174C2DDA80.jpeg

Cque2222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could definitely get a clownfish to pair with your single one, look into designer clowns they are so beautiful.

something like a tail spot blenny for the rock work is also one of my favorites

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t ruled out the mccosker yet, but the wrasse police would say no lol.

yes, the Midas is a very active fish with a good personality. Mine bites though! It doesn’t hurt but it surprises me every time. He eats out of my hand every day.

B8551535-F35A-4610-AD29-D3174C2DDA80.jpeg

A mccoskers in a 30g would probably be fine if you plan to keep your tank to only 4-5 fish.

OP
OP
Michelesreef

Michelesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do of course want allll of the fishies, haha but i thunk I'm gonna try to keep the tank with a lot of coral and less fish. It's so hard to decide!

Back