help me pick some fish....

What corals and other fish do you have
There's gonna be a mandarin, a clown, some clove polyps, a whole butt mushroom rock, green hammer, utter chaos polyps, and i want to add some sps soon after i get the tank set up because the light I'm going to be using is greaaaat.
 
There's gonna be a mandarin, a clown, some clove polyps, a whole *** mushroom rock, green hammer, utter chaos polyps, and i want to add some sps soon after i get the tank set up because the light I'm going to be using is greaaaat.
Are you setting up a pod culture?
 
How about a black cap basslet, 8 line wrasse, or orange spot blenny.

The sixlinewrasse would consume too many pods.

Op is fine if he has a lot of cultures set up or a lot of $$$
 
a refugium for a 30g won’t produce enough podsfor a mandarin. You’re either going to have to purchase them every week or start a culture
The mandarin we have eats frozen food really well and i was VERY surprised. We do buy copepods at least every 1 or 2 weeks. I should start a culture though. Is it difficult?
 
The mandarin we have eats frozen food really well and i was VERY surprised. We do buy copepods at least every 1 or 2 weeks. I should start a culture though. Is it difficult?

Shoot! I didn’t know you already had one.
 
Since no one has mentioned it, a Midas blenny. Love my guy! I also like my royal gramma but he’s fairly aggressive. I have a 32g. I’d love a mccosker’s, but they’re iffy on a tank of that size. They’d do better in something larger.
 
Since no one has mentioned it, a Midas blenny. Love my guy! I also like my royal gramma but he’s fairly aggressive. I have a 32g. I’d love a mccosker’s, but they’re iffy on a tank of that size. They’d do better in something larger.
Oh really? Then maybe i should wait on the flasher..but i have been wanting a midas blenny! They have a good personality??
 
Oh really? Then maybe i should wait on the flasher..but i have been wanting a midas blenny! They have a good personality??
I haven’t ruled out the mccosker yet, but the wrasse police would say no lol.

yes, the Midas is a very active fish with a good personality. Mine bites though! It doesn’t hurt but it surprises me every time. He eats out of my hand every day.

B8551535-F35A-4610-AD29-D3174C2DDA80.jpeg
 
Could definitely get a clownfish to pair with your single one, look into designer clowns they are so beautiful.

something like a tail spot blenny for the rock work is also one of my favorites
 
I haven’t ruled out the mccosker yet, but the wrasse police would say no lol.

yes, the Midas is a very active fish with a good personality. Mine bites though! It doesn’t hurt but it surprises me every time. He eats out of my hand every day.

B8551535-F35A-4610-AD29-D3174C2DDA80.jpeg

A mccoskers in a 30g would probably be fine if you plan to keep your tank to only 4-5 fish.
 
It’s more about the amount of swimming room. My tank is a cube so more limited in swim space.

Ah, they are rather fast swimmers and cover a lot of ground. They kind of never stop.
 
I do of course want allll of the fishies, haha but i thunk I'm gonna try to keep the tank with a lot of coral and less fish. It's so hard to decide!
 
I've also just been suuuuper into wrasse's ahhhh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new