Help me stock my 11g nano cube!

hailey1423

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running an 11month old 11g nano cube, has sand, and live rock.
Water parameters are good.
Corals: duncan coral, pipe organ coral, pulsing xenia and gsp.
Fish: Extreme picasso clown
Inverts: 3 blue leg crabs, 3 snails

Fish that did not work out:
Second clown (tried to pair) - clown bullied it and it died of stress
Purple dottyback, picked on my clown and both got into many fights; both were visibly stressed. (gave it back to my fish store as I did not want it to die but did not work in my tank)

I want to add maybe 1 more fish and possibly a shrimp but still do not know. I like possum wrasse’s but from my other post seems like it would not work out. I like clown gobys, blue neon gobys, and banggi cardinals. I also like skunk cleaner shrimps a lot.

What would be some cool ideas that would be able to be added without overstocking?

majesticbigmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11g is rather small, but more than enough to have a thriving reef. You could have two clowns, just make sure the second is smaller and keep an eye on them. Bullying is normal to assert dominance, however you may have a killer on your hands. A few more corals is possible, but not too many. To be honest, sounds like its time for you to upgrade and get a larger tank (as long as space and time isn't a problem). If you do, introduce the new clownfish at the same time as the one you have in the new tank, and put all the other fish you'd like to have before the clowns, to ensure no more deaths, as clowns are very protective and violent at times.

OP
OP
H

hailey1423

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11g is rather small, but more than enough to have a thriving reef. You could have two clowns, just make sure the second is smaller and keep an eye on them. Bullying is normal to assert dominance, however you may have a killer on your hands. A few more corals is possible, but not too many. To be honest, sounds like its time for you to upgrade and get a larger tank (as long as space and time isn't a problem). If you do, introduce the new clownfish at the same time as the one you have in the new tank, and put all the other fish you'd like to have before the clowns, to ensure no more deaths, as clowns are very protective and violent at times.
Ideally a larger tank, but currently in high school and preferably keep this tank in my room therefore this is the most efficient space-wise. Hopefully later on though!

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g in my son’s room that houses a small skunk clown and a hi fin goby with randal’s pistol shrimp. They get along well even though they live under the same rock. I would think you could try a goby of some kind and the cleaner shrimp too

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back