kristofferzen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4742.jpg
IMG_4743.jpg

Here is my build. Mostly SPS in the middle of the tank. I use the wide optics with the Razor 160W. Looking to supplement light for the middle of the tank where the SPS are; possibly supplement whole length of tank with LED that is 48 inches such as this:

It is pure UV but would supplement current setup...
Pure UV - Build My LED, LLC

or this…full spectrum and would run the length of the tank behind the razor...
20000K Reef Spectrum - XB Series - Build My LED, LLC

Any other suggestions please let me know!

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think that with the SPS would want to stick with a 14k lighting and not in the 20k range.
I'd also thought T5's would be the best, unless you went with another Razor, to light up the rest of the tank, then you could bring that unit a bit closer to your water.

OP
OP
K

kristofferzen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good ideas..

i thought about supplementing with a t5 48 inch, either 1-2 bulbs but have no idea what bulbs to use. I would like to stick with
leds. i have had good growth, the nano razor might be a good choice, but i like the idea of adding a slightly different led mix to the spread to supplement. thanks!

EricTMah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to be careful selecting another LED fixture to supplement you Razor.

I run two 120W Razors over my 48X24X24 and have found many different LED strip lights just aren't bright enough to make much of a difference with the Razors intensity.

This is the only one I found to be enough to make any noticeable difference in appearance
Vertex Aquaristik > Products > Lighting > LED > Illumilux > Marino Blu

Also like mentioned above. If you get another Razor, you could run it much closer to the water and get more intensity

Back