Help me with my Letterman Jacket CONTEST! $10 prize!

Letterman Jacket Reefing Quote

• Reeds n' Reefs

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • It's a reef thing

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • A tad obsessed

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Reef Queen

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Fraggin Saxy

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UHHHHHHH if the jacker is leather, you can put "leather coral jacket"
noo
I wish it was! Unfortunately since I have to pay for it myself, I can’t afford the leather sleeves. It’s already $250 just for the jacket, my name on the front and back, a patch for my graduation year, and my school’s mascot/logo! Leather sleeves are another $75 so they’re out of the question :(.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't bother with the $75 leather sleeves, once you graduate you most likely will never wear it again.
Yeah that’s kinda what I was figuring, plus the color of the leather is pretty gross because it doesn’t match the color of the rest of my jacket

CelestEel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fraggin Saxy- This one is really really clever! I’m worried that because it’s a double pun people won’t understand it, but that’s kind of the beauty of it right? People will understand the ‘saxy’ bit right away but will probably think I censored myself with ‘fraggin’ when it’s actually another pun/inside joke! Definitely still in the running but I have a little doubt about it since I don’t want to seem into myself with ‘Reef Queen’ (although I’m kinda coming around to it) and this one of definitely more intense than that.
Find a way to make a patch of a coral frag playing a sax on a frag plug (maybe some little fish dancing around it), and that will solve all of your problems about people thinking that the word "fraggin" is anything other than fragging corals and the reefing hobby.
If you do have to explain it to anyone then tell them it's part of how you tied in your musicianship on the saxophone with your academics. Just tell them that reefing is biology! :p
Plus, the word Fraggin' is no worse than the word freaking and that is not a bad word! There's nothing offensive about it. I think you're over thinking this!
Oh, and @footgal,, on the off chance that "Fraggin Saxy" actually does win, please go ahead and KEEP your money! You won't owe me anything, dear!
All 5 choices in the poll are good choices! Any of them will be great on a letterman jacket!

Last edited:

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I love the names that are like ‘coral Queen’ ‘reef queen’ and so on, y’all don’t think it’s weird or like uppity to put reef queen on my own letterman right? I just don’t wanna seem super into myself yknow?
If anyone questions that, just show them the pics of your tank and watch them bow down to the queen ;)
But seriously, to me, it just seems more like you are super into your tank than into yourself.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find a way to make a patch of a coral frag playing a sax on a frag plug (maybe some little fish dancing around it), and that will solve all of your problems about people thinking that the word "fraggin" is anything other than fragging corals and the reefing hobby.
If you do have to explain it to anyone then tell them it's part of how you tied in your musicianship on the saxophone with your academics. Just tell them that reefing is biology! :p
Plus, the word Fraggin' is no worse than the word freaking and that is not a bad word! There's nothing offensive about it. I think you're over thinking this!
Oh, and @footgal,, on the off chance that "Fraggin Saxy" actually does win, please go ahead and KEEP your money! You won't owe me anything, dear!
All 5 choices in the poll are good choices! Any of them will be great on a letterman jacket!
Thank you! Are you sure I can’t compensate you? I’d love to thank you (or whoever wins the contest) to the best of my ability and after this letterman $10 is really all I can spare. I’m really upset that I’m gonna be unable to participate in some livesales that I was saving up for, as I wasn’t expecting to get a jacket until next year (that’s when I’d qualify for one through band). Thank you for your generosity and it will definitely be a tough choice! I’m gonna have my mom weigh in with me tonight after she gets home from work

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my mom just got home and we are torn between Reeds n’ Reefs and Fraggin Sexy!! It’s gonna be a big decision...
SEXY??? NOOO!!! saxy correct??

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make this process clear, I’m ending new submissions at 12 pm (Texas Time, whatever that is) on Oct. 7. I will check the poll at 4 pm the same day, so if I’m torn between two I will let the poll winner decide :). Make sure y’all vote!!

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I love the names that are like ‘coral Queen’ ‘reef queen’ and so on, y’all don’t think it’s weird or like uppity to put reef queen on my own letterman right? I just don’t wanna seem super into myself yknow?
LOL, fair enough. Weak submission #2, "Coral Chorale"

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% reeds n reefs! Who thought of that? I love it!
I love it too! I love it because it’s a little more mature sounding and incorporates my sax because that’s very important to me and a large portion of my jacket will be dedicated to band/sax. But Fraggin’ Saxy is just so cute and fun.... tough choice!!

CelestEel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Are you sure I can’t compensate you? I’d love to thank you (or whoever wins the contest) to the best of my ability and after this letterman $10 is really all I can spare. I’m really upset that I’m gonna be unable to participate in some livesales that I was saving up for, as I wasn’t expecting to get a jacket until next year (that’s when I’d qualify for one through band). Thank you for your generosity and it will definitely be a tough choice! I’m gonna have my mom weigh in with me tonight after she gets home from work
No @footgal, no compensation needed. If Fraggin Saxy wins then keep your money!
However, no matter which idea you go with, would you please post a pic of the jacket when you get it? :)

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it was! Unfortunately since I have to pay for it myself, I can’t afford the leather sleeves. It’s already $250 just for the jacket, my name on the front and back, a patch for my graduation year, and my school’s mascot/logo! Leather sleeves are another $75 so they’re out of the question :(.
Save the $75 for more coral frags! :)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 61 48.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back