Help me with my Letterman Jacket CONTEST! $10 prize!

Letterman Jacket Reefing Quote

• Reeds n' Reefs

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • It's a reef thing

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • A tad obsessed

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Reef Queen

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Fraggin Saxy

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everybody who’s been so nice congratulating me!!! I’m not too proud of the academics thing honestly, I’m just working to be up to my parents standards so I can continue to have a fish tank :). No good grades, no fish tanks so obviously good grades are a super high priority now. I’m like #27 in my class so as of right now I qualify for automatic acceptance into my dream school, UT!

So I really pondered it and my current top 3 are:

1. Reeds n’ Reefs by @flampton It just encompasses the diving, saxophone (which is gonna take over an entire sleeve of my jacket), and my aquariums plus it sounds really cool and I think it’ll age well.

2. A tad obsessed by @Krixic or @Fishy65. Whoever wants to take the credit here because Krixic has had it as their tagline for a long time (and I’ve always thought it was super cool!) but Fishy did make the actual suggestion for me to use it. If I decide that this one wins, I’ll make a group PM and we’ll work out who gets the money or if y’all wanna split it or whatever.

It really kinda ties everything that I do into one line. I’m a little obsessed with sax, reefing, art, animals, broadway, etc etc and I think this is a good overall statement about me. I’ve always been the type to get SUPER obsessed with stuff, I never do anything half way, so this will fit me even in the future should I drop sax/reefing (not planning on it, but I’m also planning on going to medical school so I don’t think I’ll have time for everything that I get away with now). I think I may change ‘tad’ to ‘bit’ just because I’m a die hard Texan and tad sounds like a European gentleman asking for just a little sugar in his tea whereas bit sounds more country/Texan to me.

3. It’s a reef thing by @Fishy65. This is a super clever way to say that I love reefing and talk about it a lot!! I do say ‘oh it’s from my fish tank’ or something along those lines a lot so I think this would be a really nice thing to put! It also ties in the scuba stuff and itclassy, sassy, and kinda mysterious, I really like it! The only part I’m kinda weary of is that it is super specialized towards reefing and I don’t want to be the school fish freak (although I am completely okay with that, don’t wanna get asked too many questions).

Honorable Mentions That Could Still Win:

Reef Queen- I like it but after pondering it I think it may be a bit too focused. Since my jacket has a full sleeve of just saxophone awards and the other sleeve is academic garbage, I feel like this doesn’t really fit with the jacket. I really like it though! Maybe I’ll order a second letterman without any embroidering/patches (the jacket is only $36 without any writing/patches) and embroider this on the back myself!

Fraggin Saxy- This one is really really clever! I’m worried that because it’s a double pun people won’t understand it, but that’s kind of the beauty of it right? People will understand the ‘saxy’ bit right away but will probably think I censored myself with ‘fraggin’ when it’s actually another pun/inside joke! Definitely still in the running but I have a little doubt about it since I don’t want to seem into myself with ‘Reef Queen’ (although I’m kinda coming around to it) and this one of definitely more intense than that.

I’ll try to post a poll so y’all can vote on your favorites!

EDIT: I don’t think I can post a poll :( if anybody knows how and I just cant

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everybody who’s been so nice congratulating me!!! I’m not too proud of the academics thing honestly, I’m just working to be up to my parents standards so I can continue to have a fish tank :). No good grades, no fish tanks so obviously good grades are a super high priority now. I’m like #27 in my class so as of right now I qualify for automatic acceptance into my dream school, UT!

1. Reeds n’ Reefs by @flampton It just encompasses the diving, saxophone (which is gonna take over an entire sleeve of my jacket), and my aquariums plus it sounds really cool and I think it’ll age well.

2. A tad obsessed by @Krixic or @Fishy65. Whoever wants to take the credit here because Krixic has had it as their tagline for a long time (and I’ve always thought it was super cool!) but Fishy did make the actual suggestion for me to use it. If I decide that this one wins, I’ll make a group PM and we’ll work out who gets the money or if y’all wanna split it or whatever.

It really kinda ties everything that I do into one line. I’m a little obsessed with sax, reefing, art, animals, broadway, etc etc and I think this is a good overall statement about me. I’ve always been the type to get SUPER obsessed with stuff, I never do anything half way, so this will fit me even in the future should I drop sax/reefing (not planning on it, but I’m also planning on going to medical school so I don’t think I’ll have time for everything that I get away with now). I think I may change ‘tad’ to ‘bit’ just because I’m a die hard Texan and tad sounds like a European gentleman asking for just a little sugar in his tea whereas bit sounds more country/Texan to me.

3. It’s a reef thing by @Fishy65. This is a super clever way to say that I love reefing and talk about it a lot!! I do say ‘oh it’s from my fish tank’ or something along those lines a lot so I think this would be a really nice thing to put! It also ties in the scuba stuff and itclassy, sassy, and kinda mysterious, I really like it! The only part I’m kinda weary of is that it is super specialized towards reefing and I don’t want to be the school fish freak (although I am completely okay with that, don’t wanna get asked too many questions).

Reef Queen- I like it but after pondering it I think it may be a bit too focused. Since my jacket has a full sleeve of just saxophone awards and the other sleeve is academic garbage, I feel like this doesn’t really fit with the jacket. I really like it though! Maybe I’ll order a second letterman without any embroidering/patches (the jacket is only $36 without any writing/patches) and embroider this on the back myself!

Fraggin Saxy- This one is really really clever! I’m worried that because it’s a double pun people won’t understand it, but that’s kind of the beauty of it right? People will understand the ‘saxy’ bit right away but will probably think I censored myself with ‘fraggin’ when it’s actually another pun/inside joke! Definitely still in the running but I have a little doubt about it since I don’t want to seem into myself with ‘Reef Queen’ (although I’m kinda coming around to it) and this one of definitely more intense than that.

I think @Crabs McJones can help with the poll or point you in the right direction. There is a place for incentive based performance in this world. You are winning 2x off of one incentive, good grades gets you your tanks near term and acceptance into UT down the road....I vote #1

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Krixic gets that one :) im just glad to have helped. You should be super proud of yourself and your accomplishments. You have built a strong foundation
for your future. Im sure your parents are very proud of you.

Happy reefing! :)

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coral Queen
I frag, you buy
The saltwater life
The coral whisperer
My perimeters are perfect
Footgals reef
Footgals corals
lol! If I put footgal on my jacket people are gonna look at me funny. People already look at me funny here on R2R!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 114 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back