Please help with my BTA

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a small BTA yesterday and once in the DT I held in in a spot for a bit with PH’s off. Once its foot had hold of a rock I left it alone and kept PH’s off for a couple hrs, knowing he will move and go wherever he wants to. Either way I put the Ph back on and he was still in place then off to bed I go. I had my guards on the ph ( the foam ones that came with the MP 60’s and I put them operating at 10% all night. Woke up and gone. Finally found him stuck to the foam with its tentacles In pieces so I know that somehow they must’ve got in there to get cut down. I originally placed him in the sump until I ran out to get a basket and he attached itself to the rock I put him on since then put him in a basket tie wrapped to the tank and was wondering what to do to help him recover if recovery is possible. He has attached himself to the plastic bottom within a half hour or so.

Will he be fine that close to the lights, it’s about 10” away. Also how long should I leave him in there if so. Or should I just release it into the tank and let it do its thing. Suggestions would be appreciated.
I got to admit I thought it was a lot worse when I first saw it but after lighting came on it stretched out a bit.
Also I checked all parameters and nothing is off.

73610379292__0CB30B7F-1F9D-46D6-A805-B920EB66EF04.jpeg IMG_7815.jpeg 73610435868__F4290F39-6C99-4DAB-A73F-B9FFCD6AB53C.jpeg IMG_3144.jpeg IMG_3145.jpeg IMG_3147.jpeg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best anemone advice i ever received: "if it isn't dead, and it isn't moving, it's probably happy". I'd leave it where it is if it's firmly attached. Obviously keep a close eye on it and keep it away from those powerheads!

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best anemone advice i ever received: "if it isn't dead, and it isn't moving, it's probably happy". I'd leave it where it is if it's firmly attached. Obviously keep a close eye on it and keep it away from those powerheads!
Thank you for the reply… great advice but are you saying to leave it in the basket? Or put it back in DT? Thanks

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I guess I’m just trying to figure out if I should release it back into tank and how to stop him from getting stuck into the ph’s.
I would leave him in the basket for a few days. He just had a big mishap, a few days to heal will be good for him.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back