Help me with my Letterman Jacket CONTEST! $10 prize!

Letterman Jacket Reefing Quote

• Reeds n' Reefs

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • It's a reef thing

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • A tad obsessed

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Reef Queen

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Fraggin Saxy

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to everybody, please be safe! If y’all are giving it to each other, wear all your ppe, spray Lysol on the box, handle with gloves, Lysol the jacket or even throw it in the wash. Shipping folks, I’d recommend the same. Be smart! I want this to be a fun thing, not something that could possibly harm anyone!

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not some kinda COVID-denier or anything, but I think all of that, particularly leaving it in the package for two weeks before opening, would be excessive and drag things out way longer than necessary. The most recent study I’ve seen showed a roughly three-day period of survival on cotton, and that was when kept in total darkness. Odds are that it will take three days on average just to arrive at the next location in most cases. Just be smart, wash your hands, and don’t rub stuff before or after picking your nose or drooling on your hands. :p

But the results of studies like this one have led some people to exaggerate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, says Emanuel Goldman, PhD, a professor of microbiology, biochemistry, and molecular genetics at the New Jersey Medical School of Rutgers University. In a response published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases this past May, he wrote that the NEJM study used much higher concentrations of the virus than people would find in the real world.

"In my opinion, the chance of transmission through inanimate surfaces is very small, and only in instances where an infected person coughs or sneezes on the surface, and someone else touches that surface soon after the cough or sneeze (within 1-2 hours)," Goldman wrote. Basically, it would take the perfect combination of events Blumberg described to get sick from touching something contaminated with the virus.

Also, studies have only proved that the virus stays alive on surfaces -- not that you can catch it from touching those surfaces. "They don't prove that just because it can survive on a surface, it can be transmitted that way," Blumberg says.
In late May, the CDC updated its website to say it's possible, but unlikely, for people to catch the virus this way.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree, wipe off outside of box w alcohol wipe ,treat as anything else you would bring into your house ,in these times..especially mail guys..wash your mail ,2 shutdowns 2 breakouts in my local post office so far...wash that mail!!!

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not some kinda COVID-denier or anything, but I think all of that, particularly leaving it in the package for two weeks before opening, would be excessive and drag things out way longer than necessary. The most recent study I’ve seen showed a roughly three-day period of survival on cotton, and that was when kept in total darkness. Odds are that it will take three days on average just to arrive at the next location in most cases. Just be smart, wash your hands, and don’t rub stuff before or after picking your nose or drooling on your hands. :p

The person who receives the package after me should be extra careful since I work on a daily basis with covid positive people but no worries it is currently in quarantine at the moment ;)

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The person who receives the package after me should be extra careful since I work on a daily basis with covid positive people but no worries it is currently in quarantine at the moment ;)
thank you!!! :) and please be careful out there;)i know you know:)

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I totally understand that precaution. I was mainly referring to the rest of us who aren’t FRICKIN’ HEROS like you on the front line of this crazy pandemic.

Seriously. Thank you for your hard work. I hope it isn’t wearing on you too badly. I hope you get a good, long vacation as soon as this is all behind us.

Leah Ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be careful! REALLY! As a first responder, I don't want you or anyone else to get sick!

Leah Ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us (well at least three of us), who are members of the same reef club, and live in the same area are handing the jacket off to one another in person, instead of shipping it.
Thank you, @footgal for your concern! YES! We WILL definitely be careful, love!

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us (well at least three of us), who are members of the same reef club, and live in the same area are handing the jacket off to one another in person, instead of shipping it.
Thank you, @footgal for your concern! YES! We WILL definitely be careful, love!
I want everybody to be safe!! My dad’s a doctor so I’ve definitely been getting an earful about covid safety and all that. Y’all are amazing people for doing this for me and taking time out of y’all’s schedules!

also, my real letterman came in over the break but I can’t pick it up until Monday. Get ready for some Reeds N Reefs pics!

excell007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@footgal, I think I am next in line. But if the package is not yet shipped please move me somewhere down the line. I will be unavailable for 1.5 weeks starting Wednesday next week. Not sure if I can ship it out before I leave, if I receive it within the next 7 days, so it will be January before I can ship it out if we will abide with the Dec15-Jan5 no shipping rule.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@footgal, I think I am next in line. But if the package is not yet shipped please move me somewhere down the line. I will be unavailable for 1.5 weeks starting Wednesday next week. Not sure if I can ship it out before I leave, if I receive it within the next 7 days, so it will be January before I can ship it out if we will abide with the Dec15-Jan5 no shipping rule.
thanks for letting me know, Ill make sure that gets taken care of! And I dont know if you know, but Im also PicassoClown on MARSH. Yknow, burger king girl :)

Back