Help mold!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ncfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ncfishguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
123
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed mold at top of my ceiling my tank is inside the wall of my house! It is completely sealed I have no ventilation in there. I do have an exhaust fan but it's on a switch.
 
If you have an exhaust fan already I would consider replacing the switch controlled unit to one that has a humidistat built in so it can turn itself on and off as needed. I ordered one from home depot and installed it for my basement build. I would also see about getting that mold tested and mitigated as some types of mold can pose a significant health risk. Once the mold is mitigated you should consider sealing the space with plastic to trap the humidity in that space and allow the exhaust fan to push it outside instead of allowing it to absorb into the walls and ceiling which will allow an ideal environment for mold. Good luck on resolving the mold issue.
 
Running a dehumidifier will help with the mold, also. You just have to be prepared because your tank will evaporate more water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new