Help moving large tank in Florida

XLReefer525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any solid recommendations of who to hire to move a large tank in the Naples, FL area? Tank is about 6' and 500 pounds. Needs to be moved around / through a house and put on stand. No stairs involved. Anyone? Hoping I get lucky here, I really hate to just pick a mover and pray.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any large fish store by you? WWC moved my large tank but I doubt they will drive to Naples. What I can say is to make sure you find someone that knows aquariums and is insured. Don't just find a bunch of local reefers or general movers. Moving a large aquarium require expertise and experience. After seeing how WWC did it, I am so glad I hired them.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any solid recommendations of who to hire to move a large tank in the Naples, FL area? Tank is about 6' and 500 pounds. Needs to be moved around / through a house and put on stand. No stairs involved. Anyone? Hoping I get lucky here, I really hate to just pick a mover and pray.
Not sure if they will go as far as Naples but call Alex at Top shelf aquatics in Orlando as he has people and equipment that just move , setup , tanks etc .

OP
OP
XLReefer525

XLReefer525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, I'll try some of these suggestions but my guess is they won't come this far. Really hoping to find someone highly recommended and somewhat close. I will try these names though and I do appreciate it!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other option if you can’t find a lfs or a company specializing in moving tank the find a reputable small mover and just oversee the move every step of the way . Buy some thick foam for the security of the tank and tell them up front since they aren’t proficient in moving tanks that you will be overseeing and calling the shots . Make sure they pick it up properly and have the proper amound of people and equipment . Good luck !!!

OP
OP
XLReefer525

XLReefer525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever end up moving the tank?
Unfortunately - I'm still looking for help. Everyone I've talked to has declined the work or just doesn't have the manpower. I have the stand put together and ready, but the tank is sitting on a pallet in my garage. I started with fish stores near me and then far away, but now I will start working on local movers as last resort I guess. I really wanted someone with experience with these tanks (Red Sea S850), but no luck...

Tulonarinchu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that this thread is 1 year old, but I feel your pain. Moving a large tank is no joke, especially when you gotta navigate through a house and put it on a stand. That's a lot of heavy lifting, man.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back