Help my clam:(

  • Thread starter Thread starter jstuver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jstuver

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
497
Reaction score
30
Location
Provo, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this 8" or so clam that has been looking great and I switched my tank over a couple days ago from a 75g to a 120g tall. It looked great yesterday and today it has its mantle pulled all the way in the clam. Is there any hope to save it?
I checked my params and my alk, cal and mag were on the low side as I didn't check them yesterday(my stupid fault) alk was at 7 cal at 320 and mag at 1080:(
I dosed and am slowly bringing them up.
 
I don't think the drop in alk and cal would cause it to suddenly close, it very well may be a little stressed from the changed. I would leave it alone for right now and continue to get your water params back to where they were. What kind of clam is it?

Ken
 
It was dead by last night:( I am guessing the stress from the move and then my params being off were the culprit:( Everything else is looking good and my params are getting back on track. It was sad to loose luckily however it was my only loss.
 
Sorry to hear about your loss, it didn't sound good in your first post.

Did you by chance reuse your old sand from the old tank?
 
NO I only used the top layer believe me I have made that mistake before! Crashed my whole tank! I think it was just too much for it to handle, it was a newly aquired clam and so it really got moved too many times I think:(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new