OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry? I didn't say that it is for sure this, but just that can't be ruled out.

Jay
Can you tell me please if we feed him with metroplex from Saturday and he really are it but don't get better maybe no more metroplex too ???

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry? I didn't say that it is for sure this, but just that can't be ruled out.

Jay
He went blind he don't see the food he not reacting he not getting scared yesterday in the morning he ate because he probably saw a little but he didt eat dinner and today my mom was trying feeding him he don't see he always guard his cave but now he is out because he is blind my heart is broken he will die probably will suffer and starve :(

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try feeding it with small pieces of shrimp or fish (bite sized) stuck to a broom straw and touched lightly to its snout. Ultimately though, as you mention, it does not look good, very sorry.
Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try feeding it with small pieces of shrimp or fish (bite sized) stuck to a broom straw and touched lightly to its snout. Ultimately though, as you mention, it does not look good, very sorry.
Jay
We don't give him raw food

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, I must say that you have been tremendously helpful in giving advice and suggestions Unfortunately we cannot save all the fish we have and we often lose loved favourites. I understand that Arianna finds this difficult but sometimes we have to accept that our fish are suffering and dying and it is kinder to let them go. You have tried really

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, I must say that you have been tremendously helpful in giving advice and suggestions Unfortunately we cannot save all the fish we have and we often lose loved favourites. I understand that Arianna finds this difficult but sometimes we have to accept that our fish are suffering and dying and it is kinder to let them go. You have tried really
Yes I been in a lot of fish forums thru year and I understood if signs not visible than no one know but if signs a visible you can easily google it on your own and it's almost no fish doctors it's very sad and hard have a pet fish what I never will have again it's not a dog what it's easy to treat NO ONE KNOW about fish even I have 4 tanks 10.20.40.55 even sealed didt open it yet but no more fish for me

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't give him raw food
Jay
What kind of fish I can give him? Or shrims the shrimps witch people eats???

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish I can give him? Or shrims the shrimps witch people eats???

Yes - a tiny bit of raw uncooked shrimp on the end of a broom straw, touched to its mouth. If it eats that, then it is blind, but still has an appetite. If it doesn't eat that, then there is something else going on (and again, I still think it could be a chronic disease like mycobacteria).

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - a tiny bit of raw uncooked shrimp on the end of a broom straw, touched to its mouth. If it eats that, then it is blind, but still has an appetite. If it doesn't eat that, then there is something else going on (and again, I still think it could be a chronic disease like mycobacteria).

Jay
Ok thank you like on tooth pick?
But he has on on his head and those white dots in his eyes and he is not reacting like he don't see anything

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you like on tooth pick?
But he has on on his head and those white dots in his eyes and he is not reacting like he don't see anything
A tooth pick is too short, your hand will be too close to the fish and will scare it and probably keep it from eating the food. Some people use heavy duty fishing leader for this, but something like a broom straw might be easier for you to find.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tooth pick is too short, your hand will be too close to the fish and will scare it and probably keep it from eating the food. Some people use heavy duty fishing leader for this, but something like a broom straw might be easier for you to find.

Jay
What is the broom straw ? I'm sorry

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Can he get parasites or something from the human shrimps which people eats?

OP
OP
A

Arianna7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
What about plastic spoon ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about plastic spoon ?
Too large I think - you need something slender and long to get the food to the fish without scaring it. Maybe a skewer?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is the broom straw ? I'm sorry
Similar to a wooden skewer stick which you can also use too. Jay is suggesting good tools as you want to feed without approaching or being too close to fish discouraging him from taking food as he will be focused on your hand or presence of hand

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom said he is not scaring anymore not reacting
O.K., then if it isn't reacting to anything, it is probably not going to eat, it is likely too severely ill. I REALLY wish I could fix this problem for you, but in some cases, there simply isn't a solution.

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back