OP
OP
reef4beer

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no progress, I've been trying to get the poor thing to try to eat maybe he'll budge it off but no luck.

Will keep you all posted, does seem he is able to somewhat open the right side of the mouth.

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck yet? I honestly didn't know this was a thing. Learn something new here everyday. Now that you've heard all of the encouraging posts that it will be fine I hope you can kind of get a chuckle out of it.

Fercho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its been like that since sunday i would give it one more day or two. If glue still on i would probably catch the fish and very catefully attempt removing it with sm

OP
OP
reef4beer

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok good news, confirmed he is able to open the right side of his mouth so small seaweed bits and food he can consume. Don't see the glue budging even though he tries to pick at rocks. Will give it another day or two and then go the difficult route and try to catch him

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok good news, confirmed he is able to open the right side of his mouth so small seaweed bits and food he can consume. Don't see the glue budging even though he tries to pick at rocks. Will give it another day or two and then go the difficult route and try to catch him
!!!!! Awesome, he should be ok soon, i have pics of my naso when i first got him from what i thought was an infection but wound up bonding his lips together, after 4 days he ripped his pooor lips apart picking at rocks then a week after was nice and healed.

OP
OP
reef4beer

reef4beer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so a week and 2 days later my blue tang is still with his left side of the mouth shut.

Luckily, as stated previously he is able to eat small food from his right side so he has managed to stay at least a bit fed, i have been feeding daily to keep him going and I have started to try to feed with my hand as he is very shy so in a few days he will be used to objects in the water and potentially allow me to catch him.

blacktippr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so a week and 2 days later my blue tang is still with his left side of the mouth shut.

Luckily, as stated previously he is able to eat small food from his right side so he has managed to stay at least a bit fed, i have been feeding daily to keep him going and I have started to try to feed with my hand as he is very shy so in a few days he will be used to objects in the water and potentially allow me to catch him.
Did this ever resolved by itself?

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to thank the OP and all the responses. This just happened to my Purple tang and had me worried. Looks like everyone agrees that it will just wear off and no need to catch it.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have there is a white-lipped purple tang, the rarest of the colour morphs. Sell that sucker for $10,000 USD!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 46 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back