HELP - mystery wrasse bacterial vs beat up?

IlliniMed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off - thank you from the R2R for help.
My wrasse seems to either be getting beat up or looks to be in the stages of an infection and I was hoping you could help me out with identifying.
It started about 4 days ago when I noticed some scales coming off on right side. was worried about Uremea but doesnt fit. Later that day I discovered he’s been wedging himself into the defroster in and out during feedings so I throughg that was where the injuries were from. Now I’ve noticed today when I woke up some fin being badly torn Vs. Dissolving up in the back and sides and possibly some discoloration on the scales? There continues to be areas of scale dislodgeimg and possibly discoloration. I’m kinda lost as to what it may be and hope you guys can guide me. He’s still active and hungry but don’t know if and what to treat? I started soaking selcon today.

please excuse the bad quality but I hope you can somewhat see what I mean in terms of the videos and spots. Also / for your amusement a picture of him wedged into the defroster like a pig. Don’t know how he fits in and out of the tiny holes

there are 2 clownfish and 1 candy basslet in the tank with the mystery. 25 lagoon. Eventually upgrading to a 100 in a year.

0A296118-F3DD-4526-83A7-31CC734F9CA3.jpeg 70BF0611-CD60-4D24-89F9-3349B94F1E48.jpeg

OP
OP
I

IlliniMed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed any aggression?

Hello! I truly haven’t. I was nervous at first since I would consider this a “semi-aggressive” desktop tank but I haven’t noticed anyone going after the wrasse. I was actually more worried about the wrasse going after my clowns or candy basslet when adding. If anything the candy basslet tells him to stay out of the cave but that’s all I’ve noticed

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get a better picture that could help.
Is it symmetrical.
As far as I know, if it were uronema the wrasse would already be dead - so I don’t think you have to worry about that.
It looks like a scrape to me, did it appear suddenly or over time?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back