HELP- need advice, Android

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering a few different company's for LED lighting. One is the ORPHEK, but it needs a Android Tablet 16MB or Smart Phone.
My wife would like a Tablet type with a keyboard for the net, shopping and me for running the lights.

Please give us some advise on what we need, brands and apx. cost. We don't want a piece of crap nor the very high cost brand. I have a very nice desk top in my office and our server told us we're already set up for wireless as my modem has a antenna.

A lap top I assume is ok ? (I tried to paste ORPHEK's website for what I need, but I could not get it to paste here ???

Thank you,
Kevin

Last edited:

55g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have been searching for an LED setup for my 55g tank. Price is one of the major factors in my search, followed by build and features. I've settled on a setup from Reefradiance.com. The Lumentek Pro 240 looks similar to Orphek w/ wifi. The Pro 240 isn't quite as refined as Orphek, but for me it will get the job done & it doesn't need a laptop to modify the program. It comes with a handy remote control which you can modify on the fly. A plus for me is the cost which is about 1/2 of a lot of other LED setups out there. The owner is very approachable if you have questions and the lights have great reviews. Good luck on your search...

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with the owner of Lumentek and is definitely ,....on my list, as well as AI.

For my 75g, two 120's Lumentek's is very nice. My other choice on my list it the amazing Kessil's. Have you checked them out ? They are pendants, which my Oceanic has a wide 10" glass support top , so I'm a little,...concerned it will shade the corals below it, so with the pendants it wouldn't really matter.

For your 55g, it would be great for you.

I like several things about the 120 Lumentek.

It has 40 on each unit which 80 total is great.
3 watt each.
Full spectrum.
Control on the unit and,...a wifi remote controller !
2 year warranty, not 1.
etc.....

Where can you get such a quality light with all it has, for 2 of them, for $538 ?

They are coming out with a pendant very soon, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I've spent a lot,....of time researching, almost frying my brain, as to which company to buy. All have their + & -.
Although Ecotek is popular and a good light, their just to expensive for me. I've set my mind on under $1,000.

With any company, it must be up-gradable !

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering a few different company's for LED lighting. One is the ORPHEK, but it needs a Android Tablet 16MB or Smart Phone.
My wife would like a Tablet type with a keyboard for the net, shopping and me for running the lights.

Please give us some advise on what we need, brands and apx. cost. We don't want a piece of crap nor the very high cost brand. I have a very nice desk top in my office and our server told us we're already set up for wireless as my modem has a antenna.

A lap top I assume is ok ? (I tried to paste ORPHEK's website for what I need, but I could not get it to paste here ???

Thank you,
Kevin

research read reviews, i have maxspect razor 160w 16k, and i love it. i dont get why you need a smart phone or tablet to control lights... i can do mine manually on the fixture itself. i also have a samsung note 10.1 pretty good tablet for the price. i was between the note and nexus when i got a tablet, again research.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been researching for over a month ! We need a tablet or smart phone to run their lights automatically, and you can also turn the knobs manually. I prefer auto so If I'm not at home it can run the cycle it's self. I've also heard and seen the Razor with good results. What size tank do you have and how long have you had the razor ?

Great, I'll look at the three you mentioned.

Thanks,
Kevin

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back