HELP! NEED ADVICE: My new aquarium won't sit flat on the stand!

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already did that first before ever putting the mat on the stand or the tank on the mat.

That means your stand surface is bad. Its warped under the weight of the tank it seems. You can fix this by just putting a thick board on top. Get something that is 3/4 thickness and do what someone else posted they did

OP
OP
j.falk

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just emptied the tank and the mat peeled right off. I took my level and put it across the top of the stand and yep, there is a high point right down the middle of the lefthand side. It's definitely the top of the stand. I appreciate everyone's insight into this issue as well as the options to fix it.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emptied the tank and the mat peeled right off. I took my level and put it across the top of the stand and yep, there is a high point right down the middle of the lefthand side. It's definitely the top of the stand. I appreciate everyone's insight into this issue as well as the options to fix it.
Good luck! It’s a learning lesson to build something.

OP
OP
j.falk

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good luck! It’s a learning lesson to build something.
Tell me about it. I just built this for my wife. All new mantel with frontpiece and matching storage benches. I literally just finished it last week. A lot of lessons learned.

tempImagexGAWLH.png

Last edited:

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other thing you could do would be to put a trim piece around the outer edge and get some epoxy and flood the top. It will level itself and leave you with a flat top.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back