Issue with tank not sitting flat

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new Tideline 62 gallon rimless AIO lagoon with a reinstalled leveling mat attached. We noticed that the ends of the tank seemed to be raised up which caused some concern regarding filling it up and having uneven weight across the bottom cause a crack. At first we thought our stand was not totally flat but upon placing the tank up on our countertop which is definitely flat and double triple checking with a 4foot level used as a straight edge. The ends of the tank are definitely elevated. It seems like all the pressure is in the center. So I’m concerned that once filled the center portion of the tank is going to be at an increased risk for a stress crack. We sent a message to Planet Aquariums so hopefully they get us some answers. Anyone else ever run into this? Photos below.

IMG_6646.jpeg IMG_6648.jpeg IMG_6647.jpeg

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be that the mat itself wasn't cut flat/has major uneven spots? Those "should" compress after filled but I would rather try a new mat since none of the ones I've used on any size tank has ever looked like that.

OP
OP
B

blennyhana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be that the mat itself wasn't cut flat/has major uneven spots? Those "should" compress after filled but I would rather try a new mat since none of the ones I've used on any size tank has ever looked like that.
That’s what we’re assuming and hoping is the case. Can’t imagine the glass could be off. Just seems odd that a messed up mat would create that big of a gap

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back