HELP NEEDED JELLY BLOB ON FIN

michelle j w

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
40
Location
selby
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help I noticed yesterday my female clownfish had a black dot on her fin with a transparent jelly ball over it. Local pet shop gave me Pimafix . I’m new to having a reef tank and trying to Google it has nearly sent me around the bend lol. And I still don’t have a clue what it is.
9861B022-447F-4B9B-A999-BC420A82614C.png
9861B022-447F-4B9B-A999-BC420A82614C.png
 
Are there any coral capable of stings in the tank?
 
Welcome to the forum!
Clearer pictures would help. A dark spot on a clown is often a result of a coral/anemone sting, but this could also be from an injury.
 
I only have green torch , purple torch
 
I only have green torch , purple torch

Torches can sting clowns. Sometimes, the clowns try to host in the coral.

However, the focus is off in your photos and I can't really see much. Coral stings are more often black melanin, and don't have the transparent jelly over it as you described.
 
Are there any coral capable of stings in the tank?
No I’m going to attach a vidio of her. And when she is facing the phone it’s on the right fin on her side
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new